Looking for a scholarship to study in Canada? You can study in Quebec, Canada with the merit scholarship award provided by the Quebec Ministry of Higher Education (MESS) for international students. International students who have secured a full time course program at a Quebec college. Successful applicants are eligible to study any subject offered by the university. CEGEP is a publicly funded pre-university college in the province of Quebec’s education system.
Host Institution and Country:
Scholarship Sponsored by:
- The Quebec Ministry of Higher Education (MEES)
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
- Bachelor, Master and Post-Doctoral Research
Number of Scholarships Available:
There are large numbers of scholarships available for international students in more than 273 Quebec Universities. You can start applying today.
The Merit award is valued at $14,000 annually. All awards recipients will also be awarded: A waiver of tuition fees normally paid by international students; Health insurance from the Régie de l’assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ), which is Quebec’s provincial health care plan.
- Undergraduate studies: 4-5 years
- Masters Studies: 2-3 years
- Ph.D. Studies: 3-4 years
The scholarship is open to only
- Applicants must be international students who have recently secured admission into a college in Quebec.
- Applicants applying for the undergraduate scholarships must have completed secondary school education.
- Applicants applying for a Master’s program must have completed a bachelor’s program and not exceed the age of 35.
- Applicants applying for a Doctoral degree program must first complete a Master studies and be below the 40 years
- You must also have legal authorisations and documentations that allow you study in Quebec and this includes Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for Studies issued by MIDI, Quebec’s Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion; study permit issued by Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); if required to fulfill a mandatory internship, a work permit.
- Be preselected by your CEGEP, having already received a favorable admission decision;
- Applicants must ensure they provide all the required documents such as the Scholarship application form, passport scan, photographs, Curriculum Vitae, Academic thesis or relevant publications (for Ph.D. program applicants), Certificate of highest degree attained, a transcript, two recommendation letters, a language test result, and so on.
Target Group: The scholarship is open to all international applicants who are from one of the following 44 countries*: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Vietnam.Application Deadline: Shown on the Scholarship page.
How to Apply:
- To apply for this scholarship you must ensure you meet all the requirements as well as all the documents listed.
- You must show commitment to study full-time at a Quebec university. You may hold a student job as long as you respect the restrictions which apply to international students; attend the college that submitted your application.
- You will also be required to show proof of language proficiency.
- Follow the link below to apply for this scholarship
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Apply For Scholarship